Tuesday, March 11
• Union County Council holds a public hearing at 4:45 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse to solicit public input on community needs for housing, public facilities, and economic development. The public is invited to attend and participate.
• Union County Council holds a public hearing at 5:15 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse to receive comments from the public concerning a proposed ordinance authorizing an Infrastructure Financing Agreement on behalf of Standard Textile Carolina Inc. and the development of a jointly owned and operated Industrial/Business Park in conjunction with Spartanburg County. The public is invited to attend and participate.
• Union County Council holds their regular monthly meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room at the Union County Courthouse. The public is invited and any persons requiring special assistance to attend should contact the Supervisor’s Office 48 hours prior to the meeting.
• March Relay For Life meeting at Tabernacle Baptist Church FLC at 6:30 p.m. All team captains are welcome and anyone wanting to start a Relay Team. Contact Beth Lancaster 864-426-3438 or Torance Inman 864-426-0883 for more information.
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flats at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 11-Wednesday, March 12
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers sponsors a Uniform/Shoe Sale with The Scrub Shop in the hospital lobby on Tuesday, March 11 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Wednesday, March 12 from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Cash, check, debit and credit cards will be accepted.
Saturday, March 15
• The Sims High School Class 1968 will meet at 4 p.m. at the The Junction Restaurant at 150 Simuel Road in Spartanburg. Please RSVP at 864-674-6799. We will look forward to seeing you there.
Sunday, March 16
• Show-N-Shine Car Club meets at Hardee’s at 3 p.m. If you would like to be part of our car club please attend the meeting.
Monday, March 17
• Bonham FCl will meet at the Clemson Building at 11 a.m.
Thursday, March 13
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meets at 6 p.m. at The Lighthouse in Pacolet.
Thursday, March 20
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 23
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 holds at 50th class reunion at 5 p.m. at the City of Union Muncipal Building. All classmates are urged to attend. John H. Jeter, President.
Saturday, April 5
• Betsy & Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino on Saturday. Departing Jonesville at 8:30 a.m.; and, the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 9 a.m. If interested feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799.
• Autism Speaks and S.C. Autism hosts a Golf Tournament and Auction at Heddles Hideaway in Spartanburg. The Golf Tournament will be at 9 a.m. and the Auction at 1 p.m.
Saturday, May 3
• Junior Charity League is having another 5K at Timken Sports Complex. Registration is at 7:30 a.m. The race begins: 8:30 a.m. Registration forms can be picked up at YMCA and the Holcombe Funeral Home. For more information contact Sarah Holcombe at 426-6539.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.