Monday, Sept. 8
• The Sigman Chapter of Delt Kappa Gamma meets at 4 p.m. at Foster Park Elementary School.
• The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union meets at 5:30 p.m. at 201 Porter St.
• The Master Gardener’s Meeting will be held at 6 p.m. in the Clemson room to plan the flower show. Anyone interested please attend. Please bring finger foods. Thank you.
• Union American Legion Post 22 holds it monthly meeting at 6 p.m.. The meeting will be held in its regular location, the Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park in Union. A meal will be served at 6 p.m., followed by a speaker at 6:30 p.m. and the business meeting at 7 p.m. Post 22 meets on the second Monday evening of every month except July, and prospective members are always welcome to attend.
• The Union County Board of School Trustees meets 7 p.m. at the Union County Career and Technology Center.
Tuesday, Sept. 9
• The Union County Arts Council’s Writers’ Group will meet from 6-8 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. All established and beginning writers, along with anyone just curious about writing, are invited to attend. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Friday, Sept. 12-Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Union Lions Club participate in the Uniquely Union Festival with a Broom & Bake Sale on Friday from 1-6 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Lions Building on Main Street in Union.
• The Union County Arts Council, in conjunction with the Uniquely Union Festival, will be converted to the “UCAC Acoustic Café” featuring live music, cold soft drinks and free peanuts. The café will be open from noon-7 p.m. each day. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Carlisle Finishing Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. The Childers Group will entertain. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
Sunday, Sept. 14
• The Byrd & Etta Smith Ivey Family Reunion will be held at Tabernacle Baptist Church at 1 p.m. Bring tea and a well filled basket.
• The Sims High Class of 1964 meets at 5 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building on Herndon Street. John H. Jeter, President.
Monday, Sept. 15
• The Union County Arts Council will NOT hold “Monday Night Music” this month. “Monday Night Music” will return in October.
Tuesday, Sept. 16
• Union County Relay For Life 2014 Awards Wrap-Up & 2015 Kick-Off will be held at 6:30 p.m. at Tabernacle Baptist Church Fellowship Hall. Teams may invite up to 10 team members to the dinner. RSVPs are needed by Tuesday, Sept. 9.
Thursday, Sept. 18
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 20
• The 50s classes of Whitmire High School holds a reunion at R.C. Lake Gymnasium beginning at 9 a.m. Cost is $25 per person. For more information call Loretta Brown at 803-694-3580803-694-3580 or Bonnie Prince at 803-694-2388803-694-2388.
Thursday, Sept. 25
• The opening reception and awards ceremony for the Union County Arts Council’s 2014 Juried Art Show will be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the USC-Union Main Building. Everyone in attendance will be have the opportunity to vote for the “Peoples’ Choice Award.” Refreshments will be served.
Friday, Sept, 26-Saturday, Sept. 27
• Todd Baxter will lead a Drawing Workshop at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery on Main Street in Union. The two-day workshop will begin at 9 a.m. and finish at 4 p.m. each day. Lunch will be provided both days. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Saturday, Oct. 11
• Betsy and Company, along with Over The Hill Gang Relay for Life Team, presents a one day fun trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Pickup at 8:30 a.m. at the Jonesville Municipal Building and at 9 a.m. at the old Walmart parking lot. If interested contact Bessie Thompson, 674-6799. All are welcome.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Union County Arts Council hosts “Painting with Coffee” each Tuesday from 10 a.m.-noon at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Come join in and work on your art project while you enjoy spending time, and having coffee, with other like-minded artists. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.