Thursday, Sept. 4
• Circle of Angels will hold a recruitment event for Primary Care Associates (part-time, days and evenings) from 9 a.m-noon at the SCWorks office at 103 W. Main St., Union.
Associates responsibilities included managing housekeeping, laundry, shopping and errands; preparing and serving diets according to instruction; assisting with feeding as necessary; helping with bathing, dressing and grooming; aiding clients with use of bedpan, commode or toile; assisting with use of cane/walker/wheelchair; providing aid with medication/prescription refills; helping clients with routine skin care; collecting regular specimens; maintaining and submitting client records per prescribed format; relaying messages to appropriate personnel; responding to emergencies in accordance with established procedures.
Circle of Angels requires its associates have a high school diploma or GED. A current TB test is also required.
Spartanburg, Union, and Cherokee locations available. Pay: DOE
Prior to Thursday’s recruitment event all applicants must have an active account on www.scworks.org and view job order. Staff referral required for this position. Please come properly dressed for interview
• The Union County Arts Council will hold “Jam With Lunch” from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. This acoustic jam session is open to all musicians playing any genre of music. There will also be seating available for anyone wishing to stop by to listen. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Community Prayer Meeting will be held at noon at the USC Union gazebo. Come and join with fellow citizens of Union County for a short time of prayer for the Church for our community, and also for our state, nation, and the world. You do not have to pray out loud. If you can’t get there, please take some time for special prayer during the day. All are welcome.
• The Union Hospital District Board of Trustees and the Finance Committee meet in joint session at 6 p.m. in the Board Room of Wallace Thomson Hospital.
Monday, Sept. 8
• The Master Gardener’s Meeting will be held at 6 p.m. in the Clemson room to plan the flower show. Anyone interested please attend. Please bring finger foods. Thank you.
Tuesday, Sept. 9
• The Union County Arts Council’s Writers’ Group will meet from 6-8 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. All established and beginning writers, along with anyone just curious about writing, are invited to attend. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Friday, Sept. 12-Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Union Lions Club participate in the Uniquely Union Festival with a Broom & Bake Sale on Friday from 1-6 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Lions Building on Main Street in Union.
• The Union County Arts Council, in conjunction with the Uniquely Union Festival, will be converted to the “UCAC Acoustic Café” featuring live music, cold soft drinks and free peanuts. The café will be open from noon-7 p.m. each day. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Carlisle Finishing Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. The Childers Group will entertain. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
Sunday, Sept. 14
• The Byrd & Etta Smith Ivey Family Reunion will be held at Tabernacle Baptist Church at 1 p.m. Bring tea and a well filled basket.
Monday, Sept. 15
• The Union County Arts Council will NOT hold “Monday Night Music” this month. “Monday Night Music” will return in October.
Thursday, Sept. 18
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 20
• The 50s classes of Whitmire High School holds a reunion at R.C. Lake Gymnasium beginning at 9 a.m. Cost is $25 per person. For more information call Loretta Brown at 803-694-3580 or Bonnie Prince at 803-694-2388.
Thursday, Sept. 25
• The opening reception and awards ceremony for the Union County Arts Council’s 2014 Juried Art Show will be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the USC-Union Main Building. Everyone in attendance will be have the opportunity to vote for the “Peoples’ Choice Award.” Refreshments will be served.
Friday, Sept, 26-Saturday, Sept. 27
• Todd Baxter will lead a Drawing Workshop at the Union County Arts Council’s gallery on Main Street in Union. The two-day workshop will begin at 9 a.m. and finish at 4 p.m. each day. Lunch will be provided both days. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Saturday, Oct. 11
• Betsy and Company, along with Over The Hill Gang Relay for Life Team, presents a one day fun trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Pickup at 8:30 a.m. at the Jonesville Municipal Building and at 9 a.m. at the old Walmart parking lot. If interested contact Bessie Thompson, 674-6799. All are welcome.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Union County Arts Council hosts “Painting with Coffee” each Tuesday from 10 a.m.-noon at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Come join in and work on your art project while you enjoy spending time, and having coffee, with other like-minded artists. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.