Thursday, Aug. 21
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club will meet at 1:30 p.m. at Andy’s.
Saturday, Aug. 23
• The descendants of Levi and Lillie Estes Bobo will have a reunion at Padgett’s Creek Baptist Church fellowship building at 5 p.m. Bring a very well filled picnic basket and tea. Paper products and utensils will be furnished.
Sunday, Aug. 24
• The Sims High School Class of 1964 holds a 50th Class reunion meeting at 5 p.m. at the City of Union Municipal Building on Herndon Street. John H. Jeter, President.
Monday, Aug. 25
• The Union County Democratic Party Monthly Meeting will be held at 6 p.m. at 201 Porter St., Union.
Tuesday, Aug. 26
• The Union County Senior Citizens meets at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall at 6 p.m. with finger food. Jenny and Kathy Gossett will be singing. We will hear about the trips for the fall and winter.
Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Carlisle Finishing Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. The Childers Group will entertain. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
Sunday, Sept. 14
• The Byrd & Etta Smith Ivey Family Reunion will be held at Tabernacle Baptist Church at 1 p.m. Bring tea and a well filled basket.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Union County Arts Council hosts “Painting with Coffee” each Tuesday from 10 a.m.-noon at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Come join in and work on your art project while you enjoy spending time, and having coffee, with other like-minded artists. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.