Tuesday, Aug. 12
• The Union County Arts Council’s Writers’ Group will meet from 6-8 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. All established and beginning writers, along with anyone just curious about writing, are invited to attend. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
• Union American Legion Post 22 will not be having its regular monthly meeting on either its usual day or at its normal location. Instead, the Union Post will be having a joint meeting with the two other Legion Posts in Union County, Jonesville and Buffalo, with all the membership of all three posts invited to attend. The Jonesville American Legion will host this joint meeting, which will be at the Fire Station in Jonesville at 7 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 14
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meet at the Lyman Cafe, 14 Groce Road, Lyman, at 6 p.m. Take a left off US 29 onto Groce Road. The cafe will be on the left.
Monday, Aug. 18
• The Union County Arts Council holds “Monday Night Music” from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Anyone wanting to play in this session should be at UCAC by 6 p.m. for a quick sound check. There will also be seating available for anyone wishing to stop by to listen. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Aug. 21
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club will meet at 1:30 p.m. at Andy’s.
Friday, Sept. 5-Saturday, Sept. 6
• The Sims High School Reunion and Village Children sponsors a trip to New Orleans. The trip will be two nights and a day with two guests per room. Participants will stay in a five star hotel and ride in a first class tour bus. For reservations call 803-924-9069.
Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Carlisle Finishing Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. The Childers Group will entertain. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
• The Union County Arts Council hosts “Painting with Coffee” each Tuesday from 10 a.m.-noon at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Come join in and work on your art project while you enjoy spending time, and having coffee, with other like-minded artists. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.