Tuesday, April 29
• Carlisle Town Council meets in regular session at 6:30 p.m. in the Carlisle Town Hall.
Sunday, Aug. 3
• The Sinclair Reunion will be held at 1 p.m. at Fairview Church. Being a well-filled basket. Plates, cups, and utensils will be provided.
Monday, Aug. 4
• The Union County First Steps Partnership Board holds its regular meeting at 5:15 p.m. at the Union County Advanced Technology Center located at 1401 Furman Fendley Highway in Union. The public is invited to attend. Anyone wishing to attend that requires special assistance due to a disability is encouraged to contact Ms. Beth Thompson, Executive Director at (864) 429-1740(864) 429-1740 ext 134 prior to the start of the meeting.
Monday, Aug. 4, Wednesday, Aug. 6, and Thursday, Aug. 7
• Sims Middle School hosts girls volleyball tryouts from 3:30-5 p.m. Girls interested in trying out should be at these tryouts. Please bring a current physical to practice. Girls without a physical may not practice. Girls should wear shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes. For more information, contact Coach Tracy Duncan at Sims Middle School by calling (864) 429-1755(864) 429-1755 or emailing email@example.com.
Tuesday, Aug. 5
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 p.m. and the program begins at 7 p.m. Brad Cavin, State Apiary Inspector, will be guest speaker. Everyone interested in bees is encouraged to attend. Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Thursday, Aug. 7
• The Union Lions Club and the Friends of the Library will have a Broom & Book Sale from 2-6 p.m. at the Lions Building on Main Street. The Friends will also be collecting books that day.
Saturday, Aug. 9
• The Sims cheerleaders will host a car wash/yard sale from 9 a.m.-noon at Union County Stadium.
• Broad River Electric Charities and Trans-South Wrestling will present “The Brawl at Broad River Electric” beginning at 8 p.m. in the Broad River Electric Auditorium, 811 Hamrick Street, Gaffney. Proceeds will benefit middle school students in Cherokee, Union and Spartanburg counties. Headline wrestlers include “American Wolf” Davey Richards, “Rock & Roll” Ricky Morton, The Stro, Tessa Blanchard, Chasity Taylor, George South and more. Get advance tickets online at BrawlatBRE.eventbrite.com. Tickets will also be available at the door. Visit facebook.com/transsouthwrestling for more information.
Friday, Sept. 5-Saturday, Sept. 6
• The Sims High School Reunion and Village Children sponsors a trip to New Orleans. The trip will be two nights and a day with two guests per room. Participants will stay in a five star hotel and ride in a first class tour bus. For reservations call 803-924-9069803-924-9069.
Saturday, Sept. 13
• The Carlisle Finishing Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. The Childers Group will entertain. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Union County Arts Council hosts “Painting with Coffee” each Tuesday from 10 a.m.-noon at the UCAC gallery on Main Street in Union. Come join in and work on your art project while you enjoy spending time, and having coffee, with other like-minded artists. For more information call UCAC at 864-429-2817864-429-2817 or email email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.