UNION COUNTY — Twenty young men ended up in jail this past weekend after deputies with the Union County Sheriff’s Office saw then engaging in illegal drug activity on the Internet.
In a statement released Monday evening, Union County Sheriff David Taylor announced the arrests of the following individuals:
• Terance Jamal Jeter, 22, 230 Vaughan Road, Union
• Joe Shon Kymond Spears, 18, 533 Union Blvd., Union
• Michael Deshawn Smith, 22, 120 Aqua Lane, Union
• Octavious Duquan Smith, 21, 411 Colonial Ave., Gaffney
• Kardarius Keion Means, 22, 120 N. Boyce St., Union
• Sacorie Kvon Webster, 22, 621 Sunny Acres Rd, Pacolet
• Antuwan Marquise Shippy, 18, 421 E. Main St., Pacolet
• Curtis Howard Garrett, 22, 205 Gault Ave., Union
• Catorian Keishun Smith, 18, 300 Shadow Dr., Union
• Brandon Keith Dawkins, 18, 107 Perrin Ave., Union
• Keiston Rashad Smith, 20, 305 Lakeside Dr., Union
• Wesley Devonte Jeter, 22, 103 Pine Street, Union
• Michael Elijah McCants, 19, 101 East Hillcrest St, Union
• Shunqual Dayshun Eison, 21, 300 Shadow Dr., Union
• Demitrius Robert Epps, 19, 204 Fairway Dr. Union
• Damion Dapri Jeter, 20, 123 Pine St., Union
• Shaderiay Marquez Spears, 20, 503 Union Blvd., Union
• Markecio Rashan Givens, 20, 533 Union Blvd., Union
• Terence Enn, 19, 105 Woodruff Lane, Moore
• Labrian Stephone Smith, 23, 204 S. Enterprise St., Union
Taylor said the suspects are each charged with two counts of possession with intent to distribute marijuana and two counts of possession with intent to distribute marijuana within a 1/2 mile of a school.
Taylor said the arrests were the result of a tip his office received Saturday about a live Internet video feed showing a “party” at 103 Pine St., Union. He said that while viewing the live feed, deputies noticed what appeared to be marijuana and cocaine on a table while several individuals were rapping, dancing, drinking alcohol, and smoking.
Taylor said that based on the illegal activity shown in the live video feed, Lt. John Sherfield who oversees the Sheriff’s Office’s Narcotics Division, applied for a search warrant from the Union County Magistrate’s Office. Once the warrant was issued, Taylor said that law enforcement personnel from his office, the Union Public Safety Department, and the Jonesville Police Department went to 103 Pine Street to execute the warrant and search the property.
Taylor said that when they arrived, law enforcement personnel observed several individuals on the porch area. As the deputies and officers pulled up, Taylor said some of the individuals ran off the porch and others ran into the residence. He said that the individuals who ran behind the residence were apprehended by law enforcement personnel who been assigned to the rear of the property. Everyone was brought back to the residence and secured and searched.
Taylor said deputies then began searching the residence, locating and seizing 211 grams of Marijuana, $2,616 cash, and nine handguns. He said that as a result of the seizure of the firearms additional charges are pending as investigators work to determine the identity of the owners of the weapons.
The suspects arrested during the raid were transported to the Union County Jail in the Union County Sheriff’s Office Jail van. All the suspects have since been released on bond.
Taylor commended the efforts the deputies of his office for their quick action in regards to the incident. He said that the incident is more evidence of the continued drug dependency problem within Union County.
The information for this story was submitted by the Union County Sheriff’s Office.