Southern BBQ Network
If you love BBQ then plan to join the Southern BBQ Network Saturday, January 23, 2016 to become a certified BBQ judge and a member.
We are holding a training class at the South Carolina Works Upstate office at 103 West Main Street, Union, S.C. Class starts at 10 a.m.-2 p.m. with lunch included. The class cost is $ 25 and the membership fee is $ 35.
Once you have completed the class you can judge events that the Southern BBQ Network sanctions throughout Georgia, North and South Carolina.
For more information or to register for the class visit our web site at http://www.sbbqn.com/ and click on the certification classes picture or contact Mike Wright at 843-425-4186.
Union County Arts Council
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artist join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
Professional Development No-Fee Workshop
The Department of Fine Arts at Winthrop University will offer an Arts and Technology Professional Development No-Fee Workshop beginning in January.
The focus of this training will be on the use of the iPad, creative apps and other related technologies, and will demonstrate the interrelationship of traditional and digital media, practical classroom logistics for using technology, and other relevant issues. This course will launch in January 2016 and will be offered to a group of 25 teachers who will take the course at Winthrop University for teacher re-certification credit. Fine Arts and Art Education professors will teach this pilot course. The new content developed for this course will build upon the 2014 Research Council Grant used to create an arts instructional website for using the iPad, Winthrop Fine Arts Tech or www.winthropfineartstech.com.
Winthrop University Fine Arts Department
• Seth Rouser firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mark Hamilton email@example.com
• Laura Gardner firstname.lastname@example.org
• January 22 & 23 Friday 6-8:30 pm & Saturday 9 am- 12 pm & 1:00-4:00 pm
• January 29 & 30 Friday 6-8:30 pm & Saturday 9 am- 12 pm & 1:00-4:00 pm
• April 9 Saturday 9 am- 12 pm & 1:00-4:00 pm
Winthrop University Fine Arts Department — Rutledge Hall Room 126
Registration Deadline January 15.
To register, please send email with your name, teaching level and school district to email@example.com. First 25 to register will be included on the list.
The workshop is a free service to educators and is offered with support of grants from the South Carolina Arts Commission and the Winthrop Research Council.
Monday, Jan. 25
• The Union County Democratic Party meets at 5:45 p.m., 201 Porter Street. The meeting is open to the public.