UNION COUNTY — The Union County tennis team picked up a win over Newberry on the road this week.
On Wednesday, Union County defeated Newberry 5-1. The results were as follows:
• Grant Harris lost to Mac Werts 4-6, 7-6 (12-14).
• Ben Stone defeated Joseph Yi 6-1, 6-2.
• Jack James defeated Noah Yi 6-2, 6-1.
• Caleb Vanderford defeated Taevern Leverett 6-0, 6-2.
• Hayden Meadows (UCHS) did not play due to Newberry’s No. 5 player being absent due to illness, which resulted in a forfeit.
No. 2 Doubles Michael Purdie and Holden Parks (UC) defeated Jalen Jackson and Noah Longshore 6-0, 6-0.
Derik Vanderford can be reached at 864-762-4090 or email@example.com.