Monday School Board Meeting
The Union County Board of School Trustees will meet Monday at 7 p.m. in Room 600 of the Union County Career and Technology Center. The following items will be on the agenda:
• Recognition of a student.
• Address by Les Marchant and Caroline Barger with Salkehatchie Summer Service regarding the summer program.
• Barbara Palmer will discuss reading levels in grades 3-5.
• Cindy Langley will present information concerning the AdvancEd internal review in preparation for the external review, which will host March 6-9, 2016.
• Four field trip requests involving a water activity.
• Monthly Budget Report
• Personnel Report
• Expulsion Hearing
2016 Union County Council Meetings
Second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
The meetings will be held in the Grand Jury Room at the Union County Courthouse unless otherwise noted.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Tuesday, April 12, 2016 (Lockhart Town Hall)
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Tuesday, June 21, 2016 (Primary held on June 14, 2016)
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Tuesday, August 9, 2016 (Carlisle Town Hall)
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 (Jonesville Town Hall)
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 (Election held on November 8, 2016)
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
2016 Union County School Board Meeting Dates
January 25, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
February 8, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
February 22, 2016 — Sims Middle School
March 14, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
(Teacher of the Year Recognition)
March 28, 2016 — Union County High School
April 25, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center (Academic Recognition)
May 9, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center (Retiree Banquet)
May 23, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
June 13, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
June 27, 2016 — Meet if budget has not been approved
July 25, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
August 8, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
August 22, 2016 — Monarch Elementary School
September 12, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
September 26, 2016 — Buffalo Elementary School
October 10, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
October 24, 2016 — Foster Park Elementary School
November 14, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
November 28, 2016 — Jonesville Elementary Middle School
December 12, 2016 — Union County Career and Technology Center
All meetings are at 7 p.m.
The public and media will be notified if location or times change 24 hours prior to meetings.
Tuesday, Jan. 19
• The Woodmen of the World meet at 6 p.m. at Woodmen Park.
Monday, Jan. 25
• The Union County Democratic Party meets at 5:45 p.m., 201 Porter Street. The meeting is open to the public.
Tuesday, Jan. 26
• The Union County Senior Citizens will meet at Mon Aetna Church Social Hall with a covered dish meal at 6 p.m. 2016 membership dues are due. Mike Hayes will be providing the entertainment.
Wednesday, Jan. 27
• The Union County Disabilities and Special Needs Board of Directors will have their monthly meeting at noon. The meeting will be held at 226 S. Gadberry Street. Lunch will be provided.
The scheduled meetings for the rest of 2016 is as follows:
— Wednesday, February 24
— Wednesday, March 24
— Wednesday, April 27;
— Wednesday, May 25
— Wednesday, June 22
— Wednesday, August 24,
— Wednesday, September 28
— Wednesday, October 26
— Tuesday, November 22.
Tuesday, Feb. 2
• The Union County Beekeepers Association will meet at 6 p.m. in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds.
Light refreshments are served at 6 p.m. and program begins at 6:30 p.m.
We will have a presentation on the Flow Hive. You may have seen the youtube video on this fascinating new concept.
We will be ordering packaged bees from York County Beekeepers. Everyone interested in bees is encouraged to attend.
Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Saturday, Feb. 13
• The Cone Mill/Carlisle Finishing Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
Friends Of The Library
• The Friends of the Library will hold its Annual Meeting on Feb. 21 at 3 p.m. We are seeking Union County published writers of all genres to participate in the program. If you would like to read from your work and briefly explain your publishing process, please call 864-466-5152 by Feb. 1. We can also set up areas for you to sell your work.
Union County Arts Council
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artist join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.