Saturday, Nov. 7
• Fairforest Relay for Life Team holds an Indoor Yard Sale at Fairforest Baptist Church from 7 a.m.-noon, rain or shine. Sausage and Gravy Biscuits will also be for sale.
• The 6th annual Carolina Christmas Shop will be held from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Union County Fairgrounds. Vendor spots are still available. For more information, call (803) 924-3413 or email CarolinaChristmasShop@gmail.com.
• The American Legion Baseball Fish Fry Fundraiser will be held from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Arthur State Bank in Monarch. For more information, call Torance Inman at (864) 427-9039.
• The Union County Alzheimer’s Support Group will host the first countywide Alzheimer’s Awareness Walk, which will begin at 11:30 a.m. in the Grace United Methodist Church parking lot. The walk will begin at the church and continue to the Union County Courthouse and back to Grace UMC. In the event of rain, the walk will be rescheduled.
• The Union County Beekeepers Association will meet on Tuesday, November 3rd at 6:00 in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds. Light refreshments are served at 6:00 and program begins at 6:30pm. We will be discussing getting hives ready for winter and planning for next year. Everyone interested in bees is encouraged to attend.
Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Tuesday, Nov. 11
• The Sims High School Class of 1966 will have a business meeting at 6 p.m. at the Union Municipal Building on North Herndon Street. All members of the class are encouraged to attend to discuss business of importance. This will be the last meeting for 2015.
Saturday, Nov. 14
• Carlisle Finishing Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway BBQ for breakfast. There will be an election of officers. All members are urged to attend. Mike Hayes will entertain the group. All retirees and formers employees are welcome. For more information call 864-466-5276.
• The Union Civitan Club will hold the 3rd annual Illuminate the Lake 5K Run at 6 p.m. at Foster Park on Veterans Drive, Union.
• The Union Civitan Club will hold a Chicken Stew Fundraiser prepared by Tommy Sinclair from 4-8 p.m. for pick up at Foster Park on Veterans Drive, Union. Tickets will be sold in advance by Civitan members.
Monday, Nov. 16 & Tuesday, Nov. 17
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will have a Book, Tech & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, Nov. 16 from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, Nov. 17 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
The sale will feature exciting, new items, such as laptops, Samsung products, Beats, Skull Candy headphones, portable speakers, etc. Also featured will be children’s books, cookbooks, gifts for all ages, general interest books and more.
This is a great way to start or finish your Christmas shopping while supporting the UMC Volunteers.
Friday, Nov. 20
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will be holding their annual Fall Bake Sale in the hospital lobby beginning at 7 a.m. Money raised will go toward the adult volunteer scholarship fund.
Saturday, Nov. 28
• The Union High School Class of 1985 holds their 30th reunion at 6 p.m. at Veterans Park. For more information please contact Howard Giles at 864-466-2090.
Saturday, Dec. 5
• The Jonesville Christmas Parade will be held at 3 p.m. Groups, clubs, churches, businesses, schools and others interested in being in the parade can contact Tracy at 864-673-9191 or Ronnie at 864-466-7293 or Betsy at 864-674-6799. Line up will be at 1 p.m. sharp at the old First Citizens Bank building on Pacolet Street.
• The Union County Health Care Foundation will hold its first Christmas Gala at Veteran’s Memorial Park beginning at 7 p.m.
DJ Motown Bobby will be the entertainment for the evening. Hors d’oeuvres, dancing and auctions promise to make this an evening you will not want to miss! Auction items will include handcrafted Christmas decor, decorated Christmas trees, wreaths, etc.
A shuttle will be available from the parking lot to the door of the Lodge.
Tickets are $25 each and are on sale now! Drop by Union Medical Center for your tickets or call Greta Bailey at 864-301-2466 for other ticket locations or for more information about the event.
One hundred percent of the money raised from this event, as with all Foundation events, will go towards the Foundation’s continuing fundraising efforts to improve healthcare in Union County.
Monday, Dec. 21 & Tuesday, Dec. 22
• The Union Medical Center Volunteers will have a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, Dec. 21 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, Dec. 22 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Come by for some amazing deals and finish up that last minute Christmas shopping!