Saturday, Oct. 17
• Betsy and Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay for Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. First pick up is at the Jonesville Municipal Building at 8:15 a.m. Second pickup is in Union at the old Walmart parking lot at 8:50 am. If interested call Betsy at 864-674-6799.
• The Carlisle Fire Department holds its ribbon cutting for the new fire station located at 4600 King Kennedy Highway at 11 a.m. The public is invited. Refreshments will be served.
Tuesday, Oct. 20
• Woodmen of the World meets at 6 p.m. at Woodmen Park.
Thursday, Oct. 22
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 6 p.m. at the Rocky Creek Water Office, located on Pacolet Street.
If interested in being a part of the 2016 committee, feel free to join us.
For additional information contact Randy Spencer 426-2219 or Betsy Thompson 674-6799.
Monday, Oct. 26
• The Union County Senior Citizens is planning for a New Year’s trip to Myrtle Beach.
Seniors interest in going please call 427-0936 or 487-0275 or 674-5070. Dates for the trip are Dec. 30, Dec. 31, and Jan. 1. Must be paid in full by Oct. 26.
Saturday, Nov. 28
• The Union High School Class of 1985 holds their 30th reunion at 6 p.m. at Veterans Park. For more information please contact Howard Giles at 864-466-2090.
Monarch Elementary School students and staff kicked up their heels for fitness and safety by participating in the International Walk to School Day. Karate Masters Jamie Vaughn and Mike Leigh of 9th Level Martial Arts led the school in a brief warm-up and karate demonstration. Mr. Vaughn and Mr. Leigh offer classes to students of all ages and can be reached at 864-426-1984. Pictured are Mr. Vaughn and Mr. Leigh with Mrs. Drum’s 4k class and Mrs. Carla Hendrix’s 5k students.