Thursday, Oct. 8
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meet at 6 p.m. at the Veterans Park picnic area.
Sunday, Oct. 11
• The descendants of James Monroe and Myra Ellen Smith Lawson will their annual family reunion at Foster’s Chapel UM Church at 1 p.m. Paper products and ice will be provided. All family members are encouraged to attend.
• The Sims High Class of 1968 holds a business meeting at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held at 1101 Union Boulevard. New officers will be elected at this time. Please come and vote. Bring your ideas on the 2016 reunion and fundraiser. All class members are asked to attend. We need your help. We are looking forward to seeing you there. Together we can make a difference.
Monday, Oct. 12-Saturday, Oct. 17
• The Union County Senior Citizens have extra seats for the Ohio Holmes Country Amish Tour. Six days, five nights. For more information call 427-8071 or 674-5070. Must call by Sept. 8.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
• One Hope Performing Arts launches an innovative youth program at 3:30 p.m.
The NSPIRE program bridges youth to success through academics, acting, dance, music, poetry, and more. Register online at www.onehope.productions.or by appointment at One Hope Theatre inside Life Springs (formerly Union Square Cinemas).
For more information call 864-466-5428.
Saturday, Oct. 17
• Betsy and Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay for Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. First pick up is at the Jonesville Municipal Building at 8:15 a.m. Second pickup is in Union at the old Walmart parking lot at 8:50 am. If interested call Betsy at 864-674-6799.
Thursday, Oct. 22
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 6 p.m. at the Rocky Creek Water Office, located on Pacolet Street. If interested in being a part of the 2016 committee, feel free to join us.
For additional information contact Randy Spencer 426-2219 or Betsy Thompson 674-6799.
Monday, Oct. 26
• The Union County Senior Citizens is planning for a New Year’s trip to Myrtle Beach. Seniors interest in going please call 427-0936 or 487-0275 or 674-5070. Dates for the trip are Dec. 30, Dec. 31, and Jan. 1. Must be paid in full by Oct. 26.
The Union Rotary Club’s new Rotarian the Rev. Louis Miller spoke to the club about his life and some projects going on at the Episcopal Church of the Nativity to refresh South Church Street. Even though Rev. Miller is new to the Union Rotary Club, he has been a Rotarian for 30 years! Pictured are Rotarians Charles “Buddy” Smith and Rev. Louis Miller.