UNION — A book signing by an author with ties to the community will help kick-off a month of activities at the Union County Arts Council.
In a statement released Thursday, UCAC Coordinator Amber Ivey announced that author Jacqueline Rice Garnett will be signing copies of her book, “The Covering of Intercession for the Pastor, His family, Church, and Community,” from 1-6 p.m. at the UCAC Art Gallery.
Garnett is originally from Union and was employed with Union County Disability for 19 years. The press released announcing the book signing states that Garnett said the purpose of her book “is to enlighten readers of the importance of covering the pastor, his family, the church, and the community in prayer. I would like to extend this invitation to everyone to support this event with your presence.”
Refreshments will be served during the book signing.
October At The UCAC
Saturday’s book signing is the first of a series of activities and events that will be held in October at the UCAC Art Gallery on Main Street in downtown Union including:
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artists join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.!
• Writers Group — Local writers will meet Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 6 p.m. This is open to everyone!
• Monday Night Music — Are you a lifetime musician? Have you just picked up an instrument for the first time? No matter what your skill level join us on Monday, Oct. 19 at 6:30 p.m.! This all-acoustic jam session is just the place to let go after a long Monday! We invite everyone to join us! Play or listen, it is up to!
• Toddler Time — All Children ages 4 & under (with a parent) are invited us to join us Oct. 23 from 10:30-11:30 a.m. We will explore art in a creative way! $10 per class
• Mini Monet — Are you looking for a unique and fun class for your kids? Join us Saturday Oct. 17, 9-11 a.m.! This class is for Kindergarten-6th grade! We will be making our very own Spooky Houses!! Cost $15 member/ $20 non-member
• Corky Canvas — Grab a few friends and your favorite drink! Join us Friday, Oct. 9 & 23 for a night of laughter, fun, and art! Our talented teacher Brandi Ketterman will walk you through, step by step, creating a piece of art all your own! Cost $30 members/ $35 non-members.
The Union County Arts Council Art Gallery is located at 135 West Main St., Union.
For more information on the Union County Arts Council call at 864-429-2817.