Monday, Sept. 28
• Delta Kappa Gamma meets at 4 p.m. in the library at Monarch Elementary School. All members are encouraged to attend.
• The Union County Democratic Party meets at 5:45 p.m. at the Union Housing Authority, 201 Porter Street. The meeting is open to the public.
• The Union County Board of School Trustees meets at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria of Buffalo Elementary School.
Tuesday, Sept. 29 & Thursday, Oct. 1
• Computer classes will be held at the Carlisle Town Hall from 3:30-5 p.m. For more information please call 864-427-1505.
Sunday, Oct. 4
• The family of Joseph Wylie Jolly and Mary Sephronia Chandler Jolly will hold a family reunion at 1 p.m. in the Tabernacle Baptist Church social hall. Please bring a well-filled basket. All family members are encourage to attend.
Monday, Oct. 5
• The Union County First Steps Partnership Board holds its regular meeting at 5:15 p.m. at the Union County Schools District Office Annex located at 120 Lakeside Drive in Union. The public is invited to attend.
Anyone wishing to attend that requires special assistance due to a disability is encouraged to contact Mrs. Catherine M. Childers, Executive Director at (864) 429-1740, Ext. 134 prior to the start of the meeting.
Tuesday, Oct. 6
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meets at 6 p.m. in the Parish Hall of the Church of the Nativity located at 320 South Church Street.
Light refreshments are served at 6 p.m. and the program begins at 6:30 p.m. David MacFawn, a SC Master Beekeeper, will present a program on Pollination.
In October, we are beginning our membership drive for 2016. Everyone interested in bees is encouraged to attend.
Sunday, Oct. 11
• The Sims High Class of 1968 holds a business meeting at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held at 1101 Union Boulevard. New officers will be elected at this time. Please come and vote. Bring your ideas on the 2016 reunion and fundraiser. All class members are asked to attend. We need your help. We are looking forward to seeing you there. Together we can make a difference.
Monday, Oct. 12-Saturday, Oct. 17
• The Union County Senior Citizens have extra seats for the Ohio Holmes Country Amish Tour. Six days, five nights. For more information call 427-8071 or 674-5070. Must call by Sept. 8.
Tuesday, Oct. 13
• One Hope Performing Arts launches an innovative youth program at 3:30 p.m. The NSPIRE program bridges youth to success through academics, acting, dance, music, poetry, and more. Register online at www.onehope.productions.or by appointment at One Hope Theatre inside Life Springs (formerly Union Square Cinemas). For more information call 864-466-5428.
Saturday, Oct. 17
• Betsy and Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay for Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. First pick up is at the Jonesville Municipal Building at 8:15 a.m. Second pickup is in Union at the old Walmart parking lot at 8:50 am. If interested call Betsy at 864-674-6799.
Thursday, Oct. 22
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 6 p.m. at the Rocky Creek Water Office, located on Pacolet Street. If interested in being a part of the 2016 committee, feel free to join us.
For additional information contact Randy Spencer 426-2219 or Betsy Thompson 674-6799.