UNION — Tuesday’s meeting of the Union Rotary Club was an informative one with the introduction the club’s new Board of Directors and address by a club member — and state legislator — about a number of issues the state is dealing with.
During Tuesday’s meeting, the club introduced its 2017-2018 Board of Directors. The members of the new board and their areas of responsibility are:
• Rotarian Bill Roach (Public Relations)
• Rotarian Charles “Buddy” Smith (Rotary Foundation)
• Rotarian Scott Sandor (Fundraising)
• Rotarian Wayne Wallace (Service Projects)
• Robbie Littlejohn (Club Administration)
• Rotarian Glenn Ivey (Membership)
• Rotarian Lynne Burnett (Secretary/Treasurer)
• Rotarian Lynn Mornane (President-Elect)
• Rotarian Annie Smith (President)
The meeting also featured an address by Rotarian Mike Anthony who represents SC House District 42 which is composed of all of Union County and part of Laurens County in the SC House of Representatives. Anthony is the only resident of Union County serving in the SC General Assembly and serves as chairman of the Union County Legislative Delegation. He is currently serving his eighth term in the SC House of Representatives.
During his address, Anthony spoke about the various issues facing the State of South Carolina that have been dealt with and/or are being dealt with by the state legislature. Those issues include the state gasoline tax, the state retirement system, targeted projects, and roads.
To read more about these and other issues facing our state and our community see upcoming editions of The Union Times and go online at our website (www.uniondailytimes.com) and visit our Facebook page.
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.