UNION — The June meeting of the Union Lions Club was a busy one with new officers being installed, a party honoring the club’s Dixie Youth team which in turn honored the club, and recognition of the club’s “Lion of the Year.”
Club, Team Honor One Another
In a statement released Thursday, the club announced that it is had recognized “the Union County Dixie Youth Lions Baseball Team with a pizza party” during its June meeting.”
The press release states that the Lions Baseball team in turn “presented the Club with a plaque thanking them for their participation and sponsorship.
It states that “the Union Lions Club has been sponsoring a Dixie Youth Baseball team every year since the mid 1950’s.”
The meeting also saw Lion Barbara Rippy presented each team member with a “special” gift and thanked the coaches for taking time out of their busy schedules to coach these young men.
In addition to recognizing the Lions Baseball team, the press release states that 1st Vice-District Governor Elect Lion LeJune Cantrell installed the 2017-2018 slate of officers. The officers installed are:
• Lion Frances Adams, Board of Directors
• Lion Barbara Holley, President
• Lion Mary Lou Gregory, Board of Directors
• Lion George Goings, 2nd Vice President
• Lion Mayor Harold Thompson, 1st Vice President
• Lion Debbie Greene, Assistant Secretary and Membership Chair
• Lion Sue Keith, Past President
• Lion Judy Caston, LCIF Coordinator
• Lion Sanders Read, 3rd Vice President
Lion Of The Year
The evening also saw Club President Lion Barbara Holley present Lion Linda Goings with the “Lion of the Year” award.
Union Lions Club
The Union Lions Club assists low-income individuals with eye exams and glasses in addition to referring individuals to SC Lions Charitable Services for assistance with hearing aids and eye surgeries.