UNION COUNTY — The month of June in Union County will get off to a particularly exciting start with the return of professional wrestling.
In a statement released this week, SOAR Championship Wrestling announced that it will be hosting a “Live Pro Wrestling Event” at USC Union’s Truluck Gym on Saturday, June 3 beginning at 7:30 p.m.
The press release states that the event will also include a “Live Bully Awareness Presentation” for the children of the community.
Among those wrestling will be “local hometown hero Deon Johnson and former WWE Superstar Sir Mo.” In addition to headlining the wrestling card, the press release states that Johnson and Sir Mo will also headline the Live Bully Awareness Presentation.
The wrestling card also features Vinnie Valentine, Boris Baranov, Outlaw Randy Wayne, The New Age Enforcer James Drake, and Delta Squad.
Advance tickets can be picked up in the USC Union Bookstore on Main Street. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children 6 and above. Children 5 and under are admitted free.
Cheerleading Kiddie Camp
Young “cheerleaders in training” will have the opportunity to cheer with Varsity and JV cheerleaders during the “Union County High School Cheerleading Kiddie Camp.”
The UCHS Cheerleading Kiddie Camp is for “cheerleaders in training ages 3-12” who are “welcome to come cheer with us” at the camp which will be held Tuesday, May 30-Friday, June 2. The camp will be held from 9 a.m-noon each day in the UCHS cafeteria.
Applications for the camp are available at Union County High School or from any Varsity or JV cheerleader.
Facts About Kiddie Camp
Here is some more important information about the UCHS Kiddie Camp.
• Cost is $40 per child.
• Checks can be made payable to UCHS Cheerleading.
• Your child must be potty trained to attend camp!
• In the event you register and cannot come to camp, your money will be refunded if camp organizers are notified by Tuesday, May 30.
• Please do not stay with your child at the camp. They will be in very capable hands, and when you stay to watch it distracts them. Thank you for respecting that!
• Camp will begin Tuesday-Thursday at 9 a.m. and end promptly at noon.
• On Friday, camp will begin at 9 a.m. and families are invited to the camp’s “Show What You Know” exhibition at 11 a.m.
• Your child will receive a t-shirt to wear on Friday. They will need to wear their t-shirt with black shorts if possible.
• On Friday, after “Show What You Know,” there will be a cheer store set up, where you may purchase old uniforms, poms, etc. to get your “Cheerleader in Training” ready for Friday night football.
• If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com.
Local Sports Briefs
Here is some more of what’s going on in Sports in Union County.
This the schedule for the Carolina Slammers 10U Travel Ball Team:
May 27-28 — Upstate, possibly Timken Sports Complex
June 10-11 — Upstate, possibly Timken Sports Complex
Dixie Youth Playoffs
The Dixie Youth Playoffs get under way this weekend and this is the schedule for each league holding playoffs.
(All playoff games for the following leagues are played at the Timken Sports Complex.)
Ozone Playoffs begin Saturday, May 27.
Machine Pitch Playoffs begin Saturday, May 27.
Minors Playoffs begin Monday, May 29.