UNION COUNTY — An honor student who has played in three state championships including one his team won has signed to play for the USC Union Bantams Baseball Team.
Coach Jap Worthy announced this week that Frank “Buddy” Bleasdale of Laurence Manning Academy in Manning had signed Monday to play for the Bantams. Worthy said that Bleasdale has an impressive record of achievement, both on and off the field, and will be a great addition to the Bantams and to USC Union. He said those achievements include:
• 4-year Varsity player
• 3-year starter
• Played for three state championships and was a member of the 2016 state championship team.
• 3-time All-Region II Player
• 2-time SCISA All-Star Player
• Plametto “Boys State”
• .460 hitter in 2017
• Career .393 hitter
• .500 hitter in the 2017 playoffs
• Leads team with 26 RBIs; tied for lead HRs
• Honor Role student
• Member of National Honor Society and Beta Club
• Member of the FCA
Worthy said that Bleasedale will be a third baseman, designated hitter, and pitcher for the Bantams.
“He’s a solid third baseman, and a great hitter and pitcher,” Worthy said. “He will be a great addition to USC Union.”
The Bantams’ full schedule of practices and games for the 2017-2018 school year will get under way in August with the team playing in NJCAA Division I Region 10.
Charles Warner can be be reached at 864-762-4090.