UNION COUNTY — The 2016-2017 school year is in its final months and before you know it the 2017-2018 school year will begin and there will be some new faces among the staff of the schools of the Union County School District.
In a special meeting Monday evening, the Union County Board of School Trustees voted to approve the hiring of the following persons for the following positions:
• Ethel Lois Glenn — Cafeteria Manager at Jonesville Elementary/Middle School
• Christie Wilburn — Cafeteria Manager at Buffalo Elementary School
• Jayla Crocker — Special Education Teacher at Union County High School
• Bridget Posey — Business Education Teacher at CATE Center
• Eleanor Jackson — Teacher at Buffalo Elementary School
• Kristina Stollger — English Teacher at Union County High School
• Laura Unzu — Spanish Teacher at Union County High School
• Kayla Cody — Teacher at Foster Park Elementary School
• Kimberly Jones — Director of the Union County Career and Technology Center
• Jesse Dyar — Business Teacher/Coach at the CATE Center
• LaShunda Young — Early Childhood Teacher at Foster Park Elementary School
The new teachers hired will begin work Aug. 11 while the CATE Director will begin July 1 and the cafeteria personnel will undertake their duties Aug. 17, the first day of school.
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.