UNION — Mothers and daughters will have the opportunity to enjoy an afternoon of tea, cookies, and creativity during the “Mommy & Me Tea Party” at the Union County Arts Council Art Gallery on Main Street in downtown Union.
The tea party, which will be held Saturday, May 6 from 3-5 p.m., will give mothers and daughters and any guests attending with them the opportunity to spend time together having tea and cookies and socializing with other mothers and daughters and any guests they have with them. The event will be catered by Kirby’s Cake Shoppe.
While there, mothers and daughters will also have the opportunity to express their creativity by working on art projects that they can take home with them afterwards.
The event is $25 per mother and daughter for members and $30 per mother and daughter for non-members. For each guest in addition to the mother and daughter a $10 fee will be charged. Space is limited and so those interested in participating are urged to reserve their spot as soon as possible.
Reservations may be made by calling 864-429-2817.
May At The UCAC
Mommy & Me Tea is just one the many fun things to do at the Union County Arts Council Art Gallery in May.
• Painting with Coffee — Whether you are a beginner, or a lifelong artists join us every Tuesday morning at 10 a.m.
• Jam at Lunch — Do you have lunch plans? Join us Thursday, May 4 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Enjoy the musical talents of local members of our community. Do you sing? Play? Feel free to join in!
• Writers Group — Local Writers will meet Tuesday, May 9 at 6 p.m. This is open to everyone!
• Monday Night Music — Looking for something new to do? Join us Monday, May 15 at 6:30 p.m. for a night full of local, musical talent!
• Toddler Time — Friday May 26, 10:30-11:30 p.m. & 12:30-1:30 p.m. will be all about the little ones! Any child 4 years old or younger is invited to join us! $10.
• Through Our Eyes Reception — Join us on May 11 at 6 p.m. as we honor artists Nanette Jenkins, Elizabeth Winter, Carlton Mullinax, Naoko Goldman, and Sharon Thompson. This exhibit is full of landscapes that celebrate the beauty of nature, Heavenly Landscapes that explore our celestial dreams, and Interior Landscapes that honor love, loss, and hope. Refreshments will be served.
Have you joined UCAC yet? NOW IS THE TIME! March is the annual membership drive for UCAC! Call, email, or stop in today to join! All members receive special pricing on camps, classes, and events. For more information contact Amber Ivey at 864-429-2817
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.