UNION COUNTY — There will be a new Director of Students Services and four schools in the Union County School District will have new assistant principals for the 2017-2018 school year.
In a statement released Friday, Union County School District Director of Personnel Jeff Stribble stated that the school district is pleased to announce the following administrative appointments for the new school year:
• Betsy Trakas will serve as Director of Student Services.
• Erica Murdaugh will serve as Assistant Principal at Foster Park Elementary School.
• Ashley Reece will serve as Assistant Principal at Monarch Elementary School.
• Jennifer Deaton will serve as Assistant Principal at Jonesville Elementary/Middle School.
• Jason Koepke will serve as Assistant Principal for Buffalo Elementary School.
The appointments were approved by the Union County School Board during its April meeting Monday evening.
In other business, the board also voted to approve the following overnight field trip requests:
• The Union County High School Future Farmers of America to the State Convention at Clemson University, June 7-9.
• The Union County High School ROTC to the National Championship Bowl in Washington, DC, June 23-27.
• The Union County High School Wrestling Team to a wrestling camp at Limestone College, July 9-13.
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.