UNION — Clothes, information about fire safety and women’s healthcare, and “emergency numbers” were among the items available to those who took part in the Life Changing Ministry Free Community Give-A-Way this past Saturday.
The Give-A-Way, which was open to the public, was held for the most part in the basement of the Life Changing Ministry church building at 501 Hart Street. Those taking part in the Give-A-Way had two rooms full of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothes to choose from.
In addition to the free clothes, the event also featured a fire truck from the Union Public Safety Department parked alongside the church and a Public Safety officer who provided information on fire safety.
Representatives from the Bearden Josey Breast Center also took part in the event, providing those who attended with information about women’s healthcare, prostate health, and signing up women for mammograms.
Church member Rosena Bell said Saturday’s Give-A-Way was a success with many people getting clothes. Bell said the fire truck was also a strong attraction with the officer providing information on fire safety and letting the children who attended set up in the truck. She said the representatives from Bearden Josey were also very busy providing information and signing up a number of women for mammograms. They were so successful at signing up women for mammograms, that Bell said the representatives from Bearden Josey want to come back when the church has its next Give-A-Way.
Emergency Phone Numbers
In addition to being able to get clothes and learn about fire safety and women’s health, those attending the Community Give-A-Way also received a list of “Emergency Phone Numbers” provided by the church. If you find yourself in any of the following emergency situations call the following emergency numbers and get the help you need to overcome them:
• When in sorrow — Call John 14.
• When men fail you — Call Psalm 27
• When you have sinned — Call Psalm 51
• When you worry — Call Matthew 6: 19-34
• When you are in danger — Call Psalm 91
• When God seems far away — Call Psalm 139
• When your faith needs stirring — Call Hebrews 11
• When you are lonely and fearful — Call Psalm 23
• When you grow bitter and critical — Call I Corinthians 13
• When you feel down and out — Call Romans 8:31
• When you want peace and rest — Call Matthew 11: 25-30
• When the world seems bigger than God — Call Psalm 90
• When you want Christian assurance — Call Romans 8: 1-30
• When you leave home for labor or travel — Call Psalm 121
• When your prayers grow narrow or selfish — Call Psalm 67
• When you want courage for a task — Call Joshua 1
• When you think of investments and returns — Call Mark 10
• If you are depressed — Call Psalm 27
• If your pocketbook is empty — Call Psalm 37
Charles Warner can be reached at 864-762-4090.