Tuesday, May 6
• The Union County Beekeepers Association meets at 6:30 p.m. in the Clemson Extension Meeting Room at the fairgrounds. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 and program begins at 7 p.m. Jim Stevens will present a program about harvesting honey. Anyone interested in bees is invited to attend. Clemson University Cooperative Extension Service offers its programs to people of all ages, regardless of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or family status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Thursday, May 8
• The Torrington/Timken Retirees meets at 6 at the Chester Cove in Chester.
Saturday, May 10
• The Carlisle Retirement Group meets at 9 a.m. at Midway for breakfast. Mr. Jerry Bruce, the present plant manager, will be our guest speaker. All retirees and former employees welcome.
Monday, May 12-Tuesday, May 13
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers holds a $5 Jewelry & Accessories Sale in the hospital lobby on Monday, May 12 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Tuesday, May 13 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tuesday, May 13
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flats at 7 p.m.
Saturday, June 21
• Come join Betsy & Company along with Over the Hill Gang Relay for Life Team on a 1 day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino. Departing Jonesville Municipal Building at 1:30 p.m. Departing Old Walmart Parking Lot at 2 p.m. If interested contact Betsy at 864-674-6799.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at email@example.com.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.