March 4, 2014
Tuesday, March 4
• The Union County Beekeepers Association will meet at Clemson Extension Community Room at 6:30 p.m. for social time. The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. The Union County Beekeeper of Year will be awarded to Jim Stevens. Anyone interested in beekeeping is invited to attend. If you have questions, you can contact Jean Pennas at 864-426-6660 or Jan Stevens at 864-426-0730.
Saturday, March 8
• The Carlisle Finishing Group meets at 9 a.m. for breakfast at Midway. All retirees and former employees are welcome. For more information call 466-5276.
Monday, March 10
• Bell South Pioneers meets at noon at Andy’s.
• The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union meet at 5:30 p.m. at 201 Porter St.
• The Union County Democratic Convention will be held at 7 p.m. at the Union County Courthouse. All delegates and alternates are required to attend and candidates and visitors are welcome. Contact Ann Stevens 864-427-6887.
Tuesday, March 11
• American Legion Post 87 meets in The Flats at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 11-Wednesday, March 12
• The Wallace Thomson Hospital Volunteers sponsors a Uniform/Shoe Sale with The Scrub Shop in the hospital lobby on Tuesday, March 11 from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Wednesday, March 12 from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Cash, check, debit and credit cards will be accepted.
Saturday, March 15
• The Sims High School Class 1968 will meet at 4 p.m. at the The Junction Restaurant at 150 Simuel Road in Spartanburg. Please RSVP at 864-674-6799. We will look forward to seeing you there.
Monday, March 17
• Bonham FCl will meet at the Clemson Building at 11 a.m.
Saturday, April 5
• Betsy & Company along with Over The Hill Gang Relay For Life Team presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino on Saturday. Departing Jonesville at 8:30 a.m.; and, the Old Walmart Parking Lot at 9 a.m. If interested feel free to contact Bessie Thompson at 864-674-6799.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.