January 16, 2014
Thursday, Jan. 16
• The Good Neighbors Garden Club meets at Andy’s at 1:30 p.m.
• The first meeting of the Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 644 for 2014 will start at 6:30 p.m. with some edibles, with the business meeting comencing at 7 p.m. Meetings will continue to be in the same location as last year: The Legion Hut at 120 Scenic Drive in Foster Park, Union. The VVA meets there on the third Thursday of the month, and Vietnam Era veterans interested in becoming members are always welcome as guests.
• The Sims High School Class Reunion Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building.
Sunday, Jan. 19
• The Class of 1974 Union High School reunion meeting will be held at 2:30 p.m. in the upstairs conference room of the City of Union Municipal Building. For more information contact Tubo Owens at 426-2174, Jesse Glenn at 427-8932, and Barbara McCall-Crayne at 429-6219.
Tuesday, Jan. 21
• Woodmen of the World meets at 6 p.m. at Woodmen Park.
Thursday, Jan. 23
• The Jonesville Town Festival Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Jonesville Town Municipal Building. Anyone interested in being a part of the 2014 Committee feel free to attend. All are welcome.
Sunday, Jan. 26
• The Sims High School Class of 1968 holds it’s monthly meeting at 5 p.m. in the City of Union Municipal Building. All members please plan on attending.
Tuesday, Jan. 28
• The Union County NAACP will meet at 6 p.m. at the Union Housing Authority on Porter Street.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Community Calendar can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Community Calendar, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.