November 6, 2013
Wednesday, Nov. 6
• U.S. Rep. Mulvaney will host a town hall meeting for constituents of the Fifth District from 6-8 p.m. at Baxter Hood Center, York Technical College, 452 Anderson Road, Rock Hill. Rep. Mulvaney will give a presentation and host a question and answer period. The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
Thursday, Nov. 7
• The Union County Arts Council’s “Jam With Lunch” meets from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the UCAC Gallery on Main Street in Union. All musicians, as well as audience members, are welcome. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union Hospital District Board of Trustees and Finance Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. in the board room of Wallace Thomson Hospital.
Saturday, Nov. 9
• The Carlisle Finishing Group will meet at 9 a.m. at Midway BBQ for breakfast. All retirees and former employees are invited. For more information call 466-5276.
Monday, Nov. 11
• Bell South Pioneers meets at Andy’s at noon.
• The Commissioners of the Housing Authority of Union meets at 5:30 p.m. at 201 Porter St.
• The Union County Arts Council’s Writers’ Group meets from 6-8 p.m. at the UCAC Gallery on Main Street in Union. All writers are invited to attend. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Wednesday, Nov. 13
• Happy Hearts meets 12 p.m. at Dawkins.
Monday, Nov. 18
• Bonham FCL Club meets at the Clemson Extension Building at 11 a.m.
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers will have a Book & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Find great Christmas gifts at affordable prices.
• “Monday Night Music” at the UCAC gallery on Main Street from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Any musician playing any type of music is invited to attend. Seats will be available for those who just want to listen. Free and open to the public. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
Tuesday, Nov. 19
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers will have a Book & Gift Sale in the hospital lobby from 7 .m.-3 p.m. Find great Christmas gifts at affordable prices.
Friday, Nov. 22
• The Wallace Thomson Volunteers will be holding their annual Fall Bake Sale in the hospital lobby beginning at 7 a.m. Money raised will go toward the adult volunteer scholarship fund. Items available: Cakes, pies, homemade bread, canned items, breakfast items, and other sweets.
Saturday, Nov. 30
• The Lukesville Community Care Club will once again sponsor it’s annual trip to Salley, S.C. Trip details can be obtained by calling Melissa Brown at 426-8864 or Bennie Kershaw at 466-7302.
Saturday, Dec. 14
• Betsy and Company presents a one day trip to Harrah’s Cherokee Casino with 8:30 a.m. pickup at Jonesville Municipal Building and 9 a.m. pickup at the Old Walmart Parking Lot in Union. Proceeds go to the Relay for Life. If interested please call Betsy at 674-6799.
• “Painting With Coffee” meets from 10-a.m.-12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Union County Arts Council’s Gallery on Main Street in Union. Any artist working in any medium may attend this informal group of like-minded artists. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• Union County Council holds its regular monthly meeting the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Grand Jury Room of the Union County Courthouse. The dates for the 2013 meetings are Oct. 8, Nov. 12 and Dec. 10.
• The Union County Arts Council will be showing a new show, “Harvest Moon Musings — variations on a theme,” that will run from Oct. 7 through Nov. 1. The show will feature paintings by the Union County Arts Council’s Artists’ Guild, music by members of the “Monday Night Music” group and writing by various Union writers. Every aspect of the show will be moon-themed. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union County Arts Council will present the 2013 Local Artist’s Showcase beginning Nov. 12 and running through Jan. 3. All art and other items for display must be turned in at UCAC during the week of Nov. 4-8 (closed Wed.). UCAC will accept any type of art, crafts, woodworking, jewelry, etc. Call UCAC at 864-429-2817 for more information.
• The Union Lions Club is collecting used/unwanted eyeglasses, hearing aids and cell phones. There is a collection box outside of the Lions Club building, located at 134 E. Main Street, Union. Donated items are refurbished and donated to those in need or sold for money that directly benefits those in need of hearing and vision services. Questions? Contact Lion Kelli Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items for Out & About can be submitted to The Union Daily Times by email to UDTnews@civitasmedia.com, by fax to 864-427-1237, by mail to Out & About, PO Drawer 749, Union, S.C. 29379 or in person at our office, 100 Times Boulevard in Union. Items will run on a space available basis.